The Vermont Women In Higher Education
is now seeking applications for the
Carol A. Moore Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to women currently working in higher education who are successful in their roles, intend to engage in professional development or academic pursuits in order to further their career, and demonstrate a commitment to supporting women's leadership.
Application deadline is November 30, 2015.
Mary Powell, CEO, Green Mountain Power
proposal deadline is November 27th, 2015.
The theme of our 2016 conference is "Power Up! Harness Your Power, Direct Your Energy, Electrify the World!" There are many ways to interpret this theme and we're looking forward to reading your proposal. As you fill out the form you will see choices for five themes, each with its own subcategories. Submissions that address these themes and subcategories well will receive the highest consideration. The themes (and some examples of possible topics) are:
1. Professional Development: the use of power in the workplace, advocating for oneself, forging career pathways
2. Leadership Development: finding/being a mentor, embracing power in a good way, conflict resolution
3. Personal Finance: financial literacy, planning for retirement, understanding earning power
4. Wellbeing, Inspiration & Aspiration: work/life balance, how powerful women have succeeded, personal/professional sustainability
5. Skillset Toolbox: Something new this year: a skill or technique useful in the workplace. This could be a 2-part session with an AM and a PM component. Some possibilities are beginner/advanced software (e.g., Excel, InDesign, Outlook); social media tools (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or perhaps building a social media engagement plan); event planning (how to pull off an event/meeting/conference of any size). Or suggest something not on the list.
We will inform those who submit accepted proposals on or around December 20, 2015. Thanks very much for your interest in our conference and providing professional development opportunities for women in higher education.
Conference Chair : Elaine Sopchak
JACKIE M. GRIBBONS LEADERSHIP AWARD 2015
Tiffany Keune, Community College of Vermont
PEGGY R. WILLIAMS EMERGING PROFESSIONAL AWARD 2015
Lizzy Pope, University of Vermont
SISTER ELIZABETH CANDON DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD 2015
Pat Shine, Lyndon State College
Press Release (pdf)